Things I would tell Evan (away for over 3 weeks now) if he had just let us rent a mobile phone for him on his trip instead of insisting that he would find a way to get a new SIM card for an old iphone, which I doubted he'd be able to do since it's not like his camp has just flown half way across the world to hang out at a mobile phone store. (In his defense, but not really, he updated his facebook status to let us know he was alive when they got there, I think he tried to call us one day from someone else's phone, and did send one text a couple of weeks ago from another person's phone saying he was having an amazing time and not to try to text him back at that number)
1. I miss you so much I want to cry. (Except Evan knows that when I say "I want to cry" what I actually mean is that "It makes me cry" , but I don't want to advertise what a wussy I am.)
2. Remember when Josh left for his camp and I accussed him of eating the bag of mini kit bars we bought for you? He was innocent!! But they did melt in the car, so I had to open them to see if they were still edible. The answer is NOT EVEN CLOSE.
3. I miss you so much I want to cry. (See number 1.)
4. It's really boring for young people at the lake this summer. I'm preoccupied with trying to get stuff done for school. No one is around. It's a good thing you are on a trip. You're definitely happier where you are.
5. I miss you so much I want to cry. (See numbers 1 and 3.)
6. Kirk came for a visit and he completely understood my organization of the yet to be matched puzzle pieces, became obsessed with the puzzle and wouldn't leave until it was finished. Now it is done and still taking up half the kitchen island. I'm going to have to break down and put it back in the box. I just need photographic evidence first.
7. I miss you so much I've been crying. Because I just want to hear from you but mostly because you'll be back for 10 days before I can even see you since I'll be at school, making your trip seem like it's almost 6 weeks long.
8. Speaking of school, I am so nervous, I wish you were here to talk me down off the ledge. I'm nervous about being the only old person, about not knowing enough photoshop, about being out of it linguistically and not knowing what they are talking about. I've been having anxiety dreams, that's how nervous I am.
9. I'm crying right now and if only you'd just shoot me a one word text with something like "HAPPY" or "FINE" or "TERRIFIC" it would brighten up my whole day.
10. Matt has been slacking off in the communication department too. I feel like I'm demanding here, but I just want to know you guys are well. At least I can email him and he'll get back to me.
11. I miss you.
12. I thought Josh's voice changed at camp, but I wrong. He had a hoarse voice for the entire time he was at camp and for about 3 days when he got home but now it is back to normal. I was going around telling everyone Josh was going to have a voice like Uncle Max. I guess we have to wait and see now.
13. I seriously very much miss you.
14. Pop Pop's first wife died and there was a mysterious beeping in our house. I thought maybe it was pop pop letting me know, but it turned out to be the carbon monoxide detector dying because they only last for 5 years and ours are exactly five years old. We have a nice quiet house and new carbon monoxide detectors now. Not sure if pop pop is reaching out to me or not. I think I'll need something more obvious and less coincidental. Perhaps he can write me a letter and let me know he is fine on the other side.
15. I still miss you.