I still don't feel great. Even though the fever is gone, and the pain is gone, I still have these hour long waves of nausea after every meal. Unpleasant. The evil thing is, they disappear, so by the time the next meal time comes around, I think I feel fine and so I eat. Hey, eating is what I do, I don't take the skipping of meals lightly. Then 20 minutes later I eat I am all queasy and sweating on the couch. It's a bummer.
Since misery loves company, and the 'ol poo sample is still on my mind because I am still awaiting the results. (They are partially in and I do not have three different kinds of food poisoning) I thought I would help you guys to learn from my adventure, lest you make the same mistakes I made. SO, enjoy!
"Clickmom's tips for successful stool collection"
1. Chew your food very carefully for 24 hours before hand
2. No raisins or nuts no matter how well you think you chew your food for 24 hours before hand.
3. Beg the nurse for all sorts of collection paraphanalia that will make it all so much easier for you. She has it squirrelled away in a closet somewhere she just needs to get up and look for it.
4. Bring your vial labeling pen into the bathroom with you or suffer the consequences of having to call out to your 13 old son to bring a pen to you in the bathroom. ("Here Mom, were you, uh.... inspired ..... in there, on the toilet, mom? snicker snicker")
5. Rubber gloves! Air freshener!
Now your life is complete. You're welcome.